|Atkins Middle East|
|Education / Teachers / Professors / Lecturers / Academics|
|Other Call Center / operations / Customer Service|
|3 - 5 Years|
|20 -24 Lacs (P.A.)|
• A proven track record in designing pile group foundations for tall buildings (i.e. >40 floors height), ideally piled rafts.
• Experience with the modelling and understanding of soil-structure interaction mechanism.
• Experience with geotechnical investigation management and interpretation and the design of deep and shallow foundations, piles, retaining walls and other related infrastructure
• Knowledge of structural design and of the behaviour of structures; especially in the context of soil-structure interaction.
• Experience of working in a fast moving engineering consultancy environment (ideally including international experience).
• High level of technical capability and attention to detail.
• A good academic background with a civil engineering / geotechnical engineering bachelors or master’s degree.
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the civil / geotechnical fields in a consulting environment with the majority of this experience relating to the design of foundation systems for tall buildings.
• Working towards chartered status (or equivalent) within a relevant professional association.
• A high level of numeracy and attention to details with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
• Appropriate experience in the use of geotechnical analysis software (gINT, Oasys Frew, Oasys Alp, Repute, Piglet, Slope/W, Seep/W etc.). In particular, advanced user skills and multiple project experience is required with Plaxis 2D and Plaxis 3D.
• Good written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise report writing will be required)
• Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience working on Metro/Rail Projects.
• Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with Contractors and Clients.
• Willingness to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment.
• Experience and confidence in using written and spoken English within a business environment
• Willingness to travel from time to time on project assignments.
• Credibility and confidence to lead our geotechnical engagement relating to foundations for tall buildings with key clients and stakeholders.
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies.